Be in the KNOW
Suicides are preventable. SUD (Substance Use Disorder) is preventable. Healing can happen!
Having depression, suicidal thoughts, being in pain, or having a substance use disorder is nothing to be ashamed of. It is something to get help for.
- Each suicide or overdose death significantly affects numerous people. This can result in ongoing expenses in treatment, loss of jobs, etc.
- Learn about the risks of powerful drugs and about other options for safe, effective pain management.
- In OHIO: To Confidentially Report suspected inappropriate prescribing or distribution of prescription drugs, call 1-855-224-6446
We want to help you as much as possible to find the resources you need. We work with the individual and/or family to find the best fit. If you don’t find the information you need on here, give us a call at 234-249-1192.
SAMHSA Overdose Toolkit: https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/content/SMA13-4742/Overdose_Toolkit_2014_Jan.pdf
- Project Dawn sites click HERE
- Treatment & Rehab Facilities click HERE
- Helpline Resources click HERE.
- Ohio NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) http://www.namiohio.org
- Ohio Parents: Go to starttalking.ohio.gov for information to help your family. Or KNOW! atÂ http://starttalking.ohio.gov/Prevention/KNOW.aspx.
Wayne & Holmes Counties, Ohio:
- Wooster Community Hospital Behavioral Health https://www.woosterhospital.org/services/behavioral-health-services
- Wooster Community Hospital Inpatient Withdrawl Treatment https://www.woosterhospital.org/services/inpatient-withdrawal-treatment-new-vision™
- Children and Family First http://waynefcfc.org/
- ANAZAO http://www.anazao.co/
- Counseling Center http://www.ccwhc.org/
- If you are in immediate need, DON’T HESITATE. CALL the National CRISIS HOTLINE at 1-800-273-TALK(8255).
- Crisis Text Line (National), working to save lives by text. If needing help, text to number 741741. Connect to webpage here http://www.crisistextline.org/
- Parents Know Bullying App http://store.samhsa.gov/apps/knowbullying/
- Call Poison Control for questions about medicines at 1-800-222-1222
Get help for substance abuse at 1-800-662-HELP
Find other Addiction Resources at https://addictionresource.com
- Check out this website: https://www.familyofheroes.com/ohio/ Even though it is from Ohio, it has good information for all families experiencing a loved one come home.
- The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Warriors’ Journey Home (Healing circle for veteran’s and families):
- Wayne-Holmes Counties- http://namiwayneholmes.org/warriorsjourneyhome.html
Mental Health and Recovery Boards:
- Ashland www.ashlandmhrb.org
- Medina firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stark www.starkmhb.org
- Wayne/Holmes http://www.whmhrb.org
Alcohol Drug Addiction and Services Boards:
- Stark www.starkadas.org
Alcohol Drug Addiction and Mental Health Boards (ADAMH):
Suicide Prevention Coalitions (SPC):
- Ashland email@example.com
- Stark firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summit email@example.com
- Wayne-Holmes firstname.lastname@example.org
Mental Illness Video: